Don’t forget to put these on your Christmas list for your favorite furry pal. The good news is that all of these items can be found locally AND you’ll appreciate their benefits as well. Millie, Maggie and Maisie helped me put together this list with some of their favorite things.
You’re first stop should be to Paws & Claws on Augusta, it’s like a Canine Christmas Wonderland.
Millie’s top picks:
- No-Hide Chew, the safe alternative to rawhide. Millie’s favorite is Salmon. These are also the longest lasting chews I have found for her, the first one lasted several hours. A great option if you need to crate your dog during the holiday festivities.
- Food Toys, Slow feed bowls. If you’re a client, you should already have one of these. But, variety is the spice of life.
- Chilly dog? Check out their selection of stylish dog coats and matching
There are also lots of holiday themed toys that make great stocking stuffers. And, they carry some of my favorite treats; be sure to ask them for Allison’s recommendations.
- Matching leash and collar. Paw Paws, USA downtown carries a large selection of collars, harnesses, leashes and dog beds. All items are handcrafted right here in Greenville. You can even have products customized for your own dog. Maisie picked out a new collar and they special sized it just for her, giving me a 1″ width in a size Small, and it only took several days! You’ve Been Collared is one of our clients who offers custom handmade paracord collars. You can get them in holiday colors or you favorite sports teams colors.
Maggie’s favorite (let’s be honest, this is all my dogs AND my favorite):
- The gift that keeps on giving, Nose Work. Nose work classes last 6 weeks, and give you and your dog a great alternative to leash walks (perfect during cold or rainy weather). Scent work will give you a peak into your dogs world, and you’ll enjoy hanging out with other dog loving friends and their canines. It will build confidence in shy dogs, and focus for distracted or reactive dogs. Foothills Canine Academy has several Introductory classes starting up in January. More info here: Nose Work.
Whatever you select, remember that the gift your dog want’s most is your time. Be sure to take time every day to spend some one on one with them. You and your dog will have a happier holiday.